Effective date: September 12, 2021
- Personal Information We Collect
- Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
- Third-Party Recipients of Personal Information
- Cookies & Similar Technologies
- Third-Party Privacy Practices
- Children’s Privacy
- Protecting Your Personal Information
- Social Security Number
- Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
- California Shine the Light Law
- Disability Assistance
- Do Not Track
- How to Contact Us
When you visit our Site, we may collect personal information as follows:
- When You Communicate with Us. When you communicate with us, such as by filling out a form on our Site or by emailing or calling us, we collect and process personal information, which, depending on the type of communication, may include your name, address, email address, phone number, member ID number, insurance company, employer, employer group name, and your relationship to GEHA Solutions (e.g., client, provider, member, future client).
- When You Receive Marketing Communications. We may collect and process your personal information, such as your contact details, to send you GEHA Solutions' newsletter or other marketing information concerning GEHA Solutions' products and services. You will be provided with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such marketing communications, including for GEHA Solutions' newsletter, through the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of such marketing communications. For additional information, see the Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information section, below.
- When You Use Our Dentist Search. When you use our Find a Dentist tool, we collect and process your personal information, which may include your zip code.
- When You Are Nominated to Participate in the Connection Dental® Network. If an individual nominates you to participate in the Connection Dental® Network, they will provide us with your personal information, which may include your name, address, phone number, and area of dental specialty.
- From Third-Party Service Providers. We may receive personal information about you from our third-party service providers, such as analytics providers.
- From Other Third Parties. We may collect and process personal information about you from other third parties that provide us with such information to enhance the personal information that we already maintain about you, improve the accuracy of our records and our ability to contact you, and increase the relevance of our marketing.
- Automated Information Collection. We use automated information collection technologies, which provide us with information concerning your usage of our Site, for reporting and analysis purposes. For example, we consider metrics such as how Site visitors interact with our Site and how easy our Site is to navigate. For additional information, see the Cookies & Similar Technologies section, below.
We may collect the above-described types of personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide you with GEHA Solutions products and services, such as by providing you with assistance finding dentists that participate in the Connection Dental® Network via our Find a Dentist tool; providing you with information regarding the Connection Dental® Network and GEHA Solutions.
- Where applicable, providing our clients with implementation, account management, operations, and business development assistance for the Connection Dental® Network.
- To communicate with you, such as when you contact us, make a request or inquiry, or share your comments or concerns with us; and to send you communications and notices about the Connection Dental® Network and GEHA Solutions, changes to our Site, or changes to any products or services we offer.
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as to send you our newsletter or other marketing and advertising communications.
- To develop, operate, and present our Site to you.
- To conduct analytics to understand how you use our Site; determine the methods and devices used to access our Site; enhance our products and services; and to make improvements to our Site.
- To personalize your experience with us, including to retain information about your interests and preferences; customize the products and services we share with you; and enrich your experience on our Site.
- For our business purposes, such as identifying and implementing improvements to our business operations; creating and maintaining our products, services, accounts, and records; and conducting market and other business-related research.
- To recruit dentists to join the Connection Dental® Network, including soliciting nominations for the Connection Dental® Network; to send application packets and other materials and information regarding participating in the Connection Dental® Network; to evaluate applications to participate in the Connection Dental® Network to determine whether such applications meet our credentialing requirements; and to add dentists to the Connection Dental® Network.
- To solicit and process potential new clients for GEHA Solutions.
- To detect and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- To meet our regulatory reporting requirements and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- To protect our legal interests.
- To respond to law enforcement requests, to meet obligations in legal proceedings and government investigations, and as otherwise required by applicable law, court order, or government regulations.
- To provide information pertinent to an actual or potential merger, acquisition, or other reorganization.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of GEHA Solutions, our clients, or others.
- As otherwise described to you when collecting your personal information.
Affiliates: We may share personal information with any of our business entities, including our affiliates.
- Third-party service providers, partners, suppliers, and subcontractors that perform services on our behalf: We may share personal information with third-party service providers, partners, suppliers, and subcontractors that provide products or perform services on our behalf, including but not limited to services in the areas of marketing, advertising, data analysis and insight, research, web hosting, technical support, customer service, content management, printing, data storage, security, and fraud prevention, as well as legal services.
- Governmental entities and third parties in connection with legal matters: We may disclose personal information to governmental entities, such as regulatory agencies, law enforcement, and judicial authorities, as well as other third parties under any of the following conditions: (a) if we have your valid consent to do so; (b) to comply with a valid subpoena, legal order, court order, warrant, legal process, or other legal obligation; (c) to enforce or apply any of our terms and conditions, policies, or other agreements; (d) to exchange information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or (e) as necessary to pursue available legal remedies or defend legal claims.
- Third parties in connection with a potential reorganization: We may share personal information to a prospective seller or buyer in the event of a potential reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of GEHA Solutions' assets, including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
- Social Media Platforms: Social Media Platforms may offer plugins, widgets, or tools in connection with our Site (e.g., to allow you to connect to LinkedIn to “Follow” our page). If you choose to use these plugins, widgets, or tools, certain information may be shared with or collected by such Social Media Platforms, and is subject to such Social Media Platforms’ privacy practices.
To help analyze how you and other visitors navigate our Site and to compile aggregated information regarding usage of our Site, we, with assistance from third-party analytics service providers, collect certain information pertaining to your use of our Site and the devices and programs from which you access our Site (“Usage Data”) using cookies and similar technologies that automatically collect Usage Data. Usage Data may include IP address; geographic location of your device; browser information; date and time of request; time(s) of visit(s) to our Site; page views and page elements clicked; device information, such as unique device identifiers and operating system; and mobile network information. We use Usage Data to automate and personalize your experience on our Site, to identify and fix problems on our Site, and to make improvements to our Site.
We may also engage third-party service providers to provide online advertisements on our behalf on other websites. These third parties may place or recognize a cookie or similar technology on your device to collect Usage Data or other information relating to your use of our Site and other websites, and may use such information to provide you with more relevant advertisements when you visit other websites and mobile applications.
Our Site is not directed to or intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or use any personal information from users of our Site who are under the age of 18. No personal information should be submitted to our Site by individuals who are under 18 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information from someone who is under 18, we will take steps to delete the personal information as soon as possible. If you believe we may have collected personal information from someone under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
We implement administrative, technical, and organizational measures designed to assist in maintaining the security and confidentiality of your personal information; safeguarding against anticipated threats to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal information; and protecting your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized access or disclosure.
However, whenever personal information is processed, there is a risk that such data could be lost, misused, modified, hacked, breached, and/or otherwise accessed by an unauthorized third party. No system or online transmission of data is completely secure. In addition to the administrative, technical, and organizational measures that we have in place to protect your personal information, you should use appropriate security measures to protect your personal information. If you believe that any personal information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by phone at 877.277.6872 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is GEHA Solutions' policy to protect the confidentiality of Social Security numbers (“SSNs”) that we receive or collect in the course of business. We secure the confidentiality of SSNs through various means, including physical, technical, and administrative safeguards that are designed to protect against unauthorized access. It is our policy to limit access to SSNs to that which is lawful and necessary for our business purposes, and to prohibit unlawful disclosures of SSNs.
You have the following choices and abilities with respect to your personal information:
- Opting-Out of Marketing Emails. If you receive GEHA Solutions' newsletter, you will be provided with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving the newsletter through the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of emails delivering such newsletters. Similarly, you will be provided with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving other marketing communications through an unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of all of our marketing-related emails.
- Accessing and Updating Personal Information, Revoking Consent and Exercising Other Legal Rights. It is GEHA Solutions' intent to comply with all applicable laws and agreements into which it has entered that impose obligations on GEHA Solutions relating to personal information rights of users of our Site, including but not limited to complying with any applicable obligations to provide users with rights to access or amend their personal information. You may contact us to request to exercise any rights you have under applicable laws. Please send all such requests to: email@example.com, or write to us at: GEHA Solutions, Attn: Privacy Officer, 310 NE Mulberry St., Lee's Summit, MO 64086.
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents can annually request (i.e., once per calendar year) certain information about the personal information, if any, we shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the immediately preceding twelve (12) months. You may request this information by contacting our Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing us at the following address: GEHA Solutions, Attn: Privacy Officer, 310 NE Mulberry St., Lee’s Summit, MO 64086.
We do not track our Site users over time and across third-party websites and online services (e.g., mobile apps), and therefore we do not respond to Do Not Track signals. However, third parties may collect information relating to your online activities over time and across different sites and apps when you use our Site in order to provide you with content that is likely to be of interest to you.